Moments amid nature & sunny hours in Salzburger Land
Your summer holiday in Forstau & the surrounding area
Mountains, as far as the eye can see and nearly as many activites on offer. Enjoy a summer holiday with a wide range of sporting, fun, and leisure activities in Forstau and the neighbouring regions of Salzburger Land and Styria. Explore the scenic mountain landscape whilst hiking, mountain climbing or mountain biking. Indulge in games on the green grass or dare to jump into the refreshing waters of the surrounding swimming pools and bathing lakes. On your farm holiday here at the Ellmaubauer there's something to suit every taste!
Hiking, mountaineering & climbing
- Wonderful hiking trails & peak tour routes in the picturesque mountain landscape around Forstau
- Idyllic alpine huts in the Forstau Valley (Fallhausalm, Vögeialm, Oberhütte am Oberhüttensee) & on the Fageralm (Lechneralm, Trinkeralm)
- Our tip: hike to our own alpine hut, tours possible from the farm
Out and about on a mountain bike, e-bike & bicycle
Ball & horse sports in the region
- GCC Dachstein-Tauern in Haus im Ennstal: 18 hole course, driving range, club house with restaurant, seal of approval "Leading Golf Courses Austria"
- Riding along the Dachstein Tauern Trail in the Salzburger Sportwelt: 160 km long network of bridle paths at an altitude of between 850 m & 2,000 m
Swimming & action
- Alpine Swimming Pool in Radstadt with 2 swimming pools, toddlers' pool, 40 m long water slide, sunbathing lawn & other attractions – just 9 km away
- Adventure Pool in Schladming: Swimming pool with water slides, swimming lanes, toddlers' pool & solar heated outdoor pool with wide water slide, play river etc. approx. 14 km away from the Ellmaubauer Farm
- Adventure Thermal Spa Amadé in Altenmarkt im Pongau, just 13 km away with salt water indoor & outdoor pools, separate sauna area, water slides, wave pool etc.
- Wide range of action & adventure sports in the whole of Salzburger Land: e.g. rafting, canyoning, kayaking, zorbing, mountain go-kart, paragliding, high ropes course...